- Today there are more than 30 million slaves in the world
- Thats more than at any other point in human history
- Half of the slaves are children
- The selling of human beings has become the 2nd largest crime (after drugs and weapons)
30 million people is a huge ammount and its easy to get discouraged and not do anything. But it all comes down to ONE person. Each and every person matters and we can all do something to help.
I love what the "not for sale campaign" says on their page about using your gifts and passions to make a difference. Keep doing what you love but if trafficking is something that makes you angry tell people about it through whatever it is you are good at and enjoy doing.
The A21 Campaign lists 21 ways to help make a difference on their website. Here are some of them;
- Write a letter of encouragement to some of the survivors (more info on thea21campaign.org)
- Donate money through a one time gift or as a regular giver
- Get social and spread the world on twitter, facebook, youtube or just by talking
- Get smart and learn more about it through the web, books, films (more info on thea21campaign.org).
- Pray about it