In a culture that pushes towards being in a relationship its easy to miss out on all the great things about being single. It can be a great season! Here are some reasons why:
1. Firstly, you get to really pursue God for yourself and spend time getting to Him better. This is the most amazing and important relationship we will ever have and what better time to seek it than now? You can find out more of who he is, what he likes, learn to recognize his voice and get as close to Him as you dare. If God isn't number 1 when there's just you, why would he be when there's two of you?
2. You have the time and freedom to find out what you want to live for, what you enjoy doing and dream about before you need to match it with someone else's life.
3. There are so many people to get to know and learn from, friendships to invest in and cafes to try out!
4. The single season is a great time to work on yourself and become the person you want to be. You can build on your character and get rid of the habits and attitudes you don't want before someone else points them out to you. You can try a hobby, give it up and try another one.
5. Now is your chance to find out what you're really looking for in a future spouse and how you want your marriage to be. You can study other people and learn from their experiences and mistakes so you are better prepared to get it right.
6. Lastly, theres also less pressure to look good and be sensible. You've only got your own reputation to look out for so why not be a bit silly if you want to?
Theres a reason for the season and this one right here will never be back so embrace it and enjoy it!