Thursday 15 March 2012

Someone once said that the wiser he became the more he realised how little he knew. I love that!
On Saturday a great, new friend of mine and I sat in a cafĂ© with our journals and Bibles reading, writing and sharing thoughts. It was great having time to slow down and hear from God. I often try to do so much but all in my own strength and just end up getting exhausted without much result. After spending some time with God though I usually realise how small I am, how little I know and how meaningless it is for me to try and do life by myself. God is so big and way too great for me to even begin to understand and the fact that he loves me and that I can somehow connect with Him in my everyday life is amazing! Seeing that makes it seem so stupid for me to even try living without him. I mean, who do I think I am?!

Last night the young adults from Hillsong met for a team meeting and I came along for the first time. It was great to feel a part of things and hear leaders sharing their thoughts and challenging us to really put Jesus first in our everyday lives. It can be hard to prioritize time for Him when everything else around us fights for our attention but it really is so important if we want to grow in our relationship with Him. We become like the people we spend most time with and we decide who those people are.

There is freedom in feeling small when you are part of something so much bigger than yourself.
There is freedom in letting go of the control when you know someone so much more capable is taking over. There is no longer any need to worry, just sit back and enjoy the journey.  

1 comment:

  1. very enlightening and so easy to read. if only we put time aside for others as well as ourselves. its good to know that someone is watching over us, even if we feel we don't deserve it.

    ReplyDelete